PBS Fort Wayne relies on the effort of our volunteers to help with many activities. If you’re interested in volunteering your time and talents to help the station serve our community, we’d love to be able add you to our team.
Click here to see current volunteer opportunities.
Why volunteer with PBS Fort Wayne?
- You can explore and learn exciting new things.
- You can get a peek behind the scenes of PBS Fort Wayne's day-to-day activities.
- You'll meet other volunteers, and network with PBS Fort Wayne’s staff.
- You'll gain beneficial skills and share your life experiences in service to our community.
- You'll help extend the impact of our programming and services for 16-county viewing area.
- You will be connected to PBS Fort Wayne throughout the year.
PBS Fort Wayne’s volunteer program welcomes individuals and groups on a regular or “as needed” basis for administrative work, special projects and special events. Volunteers must be professional, courteous and be able to perform assigned tasks.
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Any volunteers under the age of 18 must have prior approval by supervising staff and the permission and/or supervision of a parent or guardian for all volunteer opportunities.
Among some of the tasks that PBS Fort Wayne Volunteers perform are, but not limited to:
- Being a PBS Fort Wayne Ambassador at station events
- Helping PBS Fort Wayne’s Education Outreach department with children’s activities
- Folding and stuffing direct mail envelopes
- Answering phones during on-air pledge drives
- Helping with incoming mail and general office tasks
- Completing thank-you phone calls to members
How to sign up
The sign up process is easy. Click here to complete our online application.
If you’d rather fill out a paper form, click here to download our Volunteer Applicationand mail it to:
RE: Volunteer Application
PBS Fort Wayne
2501 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
If you have any questions please contact us…
or by phone at 260.484.8839, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5pm.