Membership/Donor Information and Databases
It is the policy of PBS Fort Wayne/Fort Wayne Public Television not to share barter, trade or sell any of the information we collect, online or through membership/donation transactions, with any other entity outside PBS Fort Wayne/Fort Wayne Public Television and PBS.
Collection of Information
You may be prompted to provide some or all of the following types of information in order to register, access various content or features, submit photos and other content, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the services:
- Contact information, such as name or e-mail address;
- User name and password
- Geolocation information
- Other demographic information, such as city, state, and zip code
- Communications preferences
- Search queries
- Comments and other information posted through interactive online features and,
- Correspondence you send to us.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you use our online services, including:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area (e.g., your zip code)
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
- Information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed, and information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded, and,
- Standard server log information.
We may collect information about you from third-party sources. For example, we may receive information about you from third-party social media services when you choose to interact or connect with them through the Services.
Additionally, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Some of our online services may allow you to enter text and information in open fields, such as comment sections and message boards. If you choose to participate in these public areas of the Services, please be aware that any information submitted through these areas can be read, collected, or used by other users. Please use caution in disclosing personal information in these areas.
Although we may, in some instances, moderate public forums to keep their content appropriate for the forum’s intended audience, we are not responsible for the information you submit in these open forums and public areas or for other users’ actions with respect to that information.
Use of Information
We generally use the information that we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information
- Enable you to participate in interactive features, such as comment boxes and forums
- Display content, sponsor information, and information about other PBS products and services that you may be interested in
- Customize the content displayed when you use the Services
- Analyze use of the Services to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Services, and which websites they come from;
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the Services
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
We may aggregate your information with information about other users so that it no longer identifies and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
Protection of Information
We have adopted reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.