Our Diversity Policy
Fort Wayne Public Television, Inc. (PBS Fort Wayne) embraces diversity and seeks to incorporate the benefits of diversity in our organization’s governance, operations, and community relationships.
Our commitment to diversity is an essential part of our obligation to nurture and integrate knowledge and understanding throughout the organization and through the programs and services provided to the northeast Indiana viewing community. PBS Fort Wayne’s public service mission is immeasurably enriched by our volunteers, community advisory board, board of directors and staff who bring their diverse experiences that ensure the station’s programs and services remain relevant, responsive, and relational to its service area.
PBS Fort Wayne promotes diversity for its director and advisory boards, workers and applicants, and volunteers and shall adhere to such a policy at all times. In so doing, PBS Fort Wayne follows workplace practices that create a diverse work environment, including:
- Widening the media in which we recruit to ensure as diverse an employee and candidate base as possible
- Reviewing on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination
- Encouraging and assisting employee development by communicating regularly with employees
- Prohibiting harassment based on race, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age or religion
- Providing training for its entire staff in equal opportunities practice
- Respecting each employee’s point of view
It is the vision of Fort Wayne Public Television, Inc. to be an indispensable and trusted community partner by being an ongoing model of excellence while enhancing the quality of life in the community. By ensuring diversity in our daily operations, PBS Fort Wayne acknowledges, appreciates, and respects the differences we recognize in one another — including the varied perspectives, approaches, and competencies of those with whom we work and of the populations we serve.
Approved by the PBS Fort Wayne Board of Directors, September 12, 2012