Hours: Full Time, Monday-Friday, occasional nights and weekends
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
The Education Outreach Coordinator position’s primary role is to engage donors and community members of all ages with content and services of PBS Fort Wayne, including PBS Learning Media and PBS Kids, by developing activities, workshops, and initiatives in the surrounding community. The position is responsible for researching and acquiring additional funding sources to finance community outreach efforts through grants or partnering with local companies and organizations. This role coordinates the media and marketing surrounding PBS KIDS activities, including, but not limited to, social media, print marketing and on-air marketing. This position’s secondary role is to oversee the PBS Fort Wayne’s Explorer Club in conjunction with the Development Coordinator and maintain its growth.
Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Develop, promote, and execute education outreach workshops and events that connect the content and services of PBS Fort Wayne, including PBS Learning Media and PBS Kids initiatives, virtually and in-person with our regional community.
2. Manage, promote, and grow PBS Fort Wayne’s Explorer Club, a membership-based kids’ club that provides monthly educational outreach activities to its members.
3. Develop, secure funding, promote, and execute education specific projects as they arise to community members of all ages. Projects may include a leadership role in Explorer Day and PBS Fort Wayne’s Writers Contest, community screenings, discussion panels, and workshops.
4. Seek out additional funding and partnerships with area and national grantors, companies, and non-profits.
5. Regularly communicate the organization’s role as an educational resource to stakeholders (educators, donors, families, etc.) through print, on air, email and social media.
6. Serve as the liaison with schools, teachers, community partners, local government and other educational organizations and institutions.
7. Maintain ongoing contact with National PBS Kids organizers-monthly webinars, new show initiatives, workshops, etc.
8. Maintain a database of education-oriented organizations and institutions for use by PBS Fort Wayne.
9. Maintain accurate and timely records of all donor interactions.
10. Attendance is Required.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Previous Childhood Education Experience preferred.
- 2 years of similar experience preferred.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or communications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience planning and implementing public events with measurable outcomes. Experience working with local education institutions a plus.
- This position requires the ability to work independently in an effective and efficient manner while maintaining communication and status reports with managers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK.
- Past experience with applying for and successfully executing grants.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a multi-tasking environment.
Majority of work will be in-office, does require some travel-not overnight. Must be able to sit for several hours and be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Clear drug screen and background check required. Incumbents must be vaccinated against COVID or qualify for an exemption.
PBS Fort Wayne makes a strong effort to fill job openings by considering the qualifications, background, experience, and employment record of each individual applicant. PBS Fort Wayne is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or military status.
Working for PBS Fort Wayne is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice.We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at PBS Fort Wayne to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion.
How To Apply:
To express interest in this position, please direct your résumé to:
PBS Fort Wayne
2501 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
Attn: Human Resources
Or, email your resume and cover letter to Kelsey Rutledge: email@example.com